Vegan Ginger Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
This vegan treat will keep you on track with your healthy lifestyle while enjoying the pumpkin spice season to its fullest! So many textures and flavors in this colorful creation make it a favorite to take to a gathering or make ahead and pull out for a simple desert. It helps to use chilled bowls and keep everything cold while you are preparing if possible. Put the cans of coconut milk and pumpkin in the refrigerator overnight before you make this dessert. If you do not have pumpkin, you can also substitute canned sweet potatoes (unsweetened) and use extra pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon. Another option to making the coconut whip cream is to use vegan ice cream as a topping or a prepared vegan whip cream.
1.5 C canned unsweetened pumpkin
2 -15 oz cans of coconut milk, full fat: refrigerate overnight to allow cream and solids to surface.
¼ C maple syrup
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 Tbsp creamy almond butter
1.5 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp cinnamon
1 C pecan pieces
¼ tsp salt
1. The night before preparing recipe place the 2 canned coconut milk and pumpkin in the refrigerator. This will chill the ingredients and allow for separation of the coconut solids.
2. Heat over to 400F and place pecan pieces on baking sheet then sprinkle with dash of salt and cinnamon. Bake pecans for 8 minutes, then chop. Divide into 8 small serving cups, about 4oz, to make the base layer of the parfait. Chill while preparing parfaits.
3. Open the chilled cans of coconut milk and spoon the solids into a separate bowl. Keep the clear portion for use with smoothies later, but we will not use it in this recipe.
4. Make parfait filling by mixing pumpkin, ½ C of coconut fat and solids, maple syrup, almond butter, salt, ginger, vanilla, and cinnamon. A mixer works best to get the fluffy texture desired. Spoon filling over the top of the pecans
5. Make whip cream using the remaining coconut cream and solids by whipping well in blender or mixer for 2 minutes. Top the parfaits with this cream and refrigerate 4+ hours before serving for best results. If you need to serve right away they will be delicious but not as firm.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Would you like to receive other simple, yummy holiday recipes? Click here to be added to my Meal Prep for anxiety free holidays…..