My eyes were completely opened to the power of plants when I read “The China Study” by Dr. Colin Campbell analyzing the results of a massive compilation of data on lifestyle and nutrition trends that documented the benefits of the traditional Asian plant based diet.
This Buddha Bowl recipe captures a rainbow of colorful plant foods and makes for a simple weeknight meal, also ideal for prepping ahead of time. Here’s the recipe…
These bowls are a great way to meal prep for the week or use as a fun dinner with the family where everyone gets to personalize their bowl. Loaded with immune boosting superfoods that will keep you satisfied and your blood sugar steady. The dressing makes them irresistible!
1C cooked quinoa
1 large sweet potato, cooked and cubed
1 C riced cauliflower
1 bell pepper sliced
2 C fresh greens like spinach or romaine lettuce
1 C shelled edamame
1 C shredded carrots
1 C diced cucumber
Optional cubed chicken or tofu for extra protein
¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ C apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
1 tsp Asian chile paste
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1 Tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
Pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
1. Divide greens between 4 bowls.
2. Mix quinoa and cauliflower and put onto greens
3. Top with sections of sweet potato, beans, and veggies
4. Mix dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, coconut aminos, chile, ginger, and peanut butter and divide between the 4 bowls
5. Top with seeds and enjoy!